OCTRU is one of 46 fully registered UKCRC Clinical Trials Unit. OCTRU is located at the University of Oxford
OCTRU has integrated several trials groups from different therapeutic areas into a single Clinical Trials Unit (CTU). OCTRU is a fully registered CTU and leads and co-ordinates strategy, operations and systems across all of the trial groups.
The scope of OCTRU is to design, conduct and report in both early and later phase clinical trials in surgery, musculo-skeletal sciences, respiratory medicine, gastroenterology and oncology. We focus in particular on development pathways and the evaluation of new health technologies in
- surgery and interventional procedures (including anaesthetics, surgical procedures, pre- and post-surgical care)
- trauma, rehabilitation and conservative management
- pharmaceuticals, particularly in oncology
- the management of inflammation
- biomarkers to refine treatment strategies.